hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos credentails)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 04:16:09 GMT
Did you try out with curl and it did not work at all ?.  It is slightly easier to debug with
command line than a browser like IE.

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-auth/Examples.html

Please try getting a ticket and try to connect the cluster using it and if does not work,
could you please post your traces.
This will allow us rule out the issue that you might not have a valid kerberos ticket in the
first place.

Thanks
Anu

From: Jingfei Hu
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>"
Subject: RE: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find
any Kerberos credentails)

The links Anu provides seems to be no much helpful for my problem. I would give more context
here.

I am using HDP on Azure. Its version is 2.3. After several attempts, I’m finally able to
enable Kerberos for my HDP deployment. Now I am trying to use webhdfs to access hdfs files
in IE.
http://xxx.cloudapp.net:50070/webhdfs/v1?op=gethomedirectory.
Then IE pops up a windows to ask for user name and password. Then I enter the admin principal
in KDC domain style (admin/admin@DOMAIN.com<mailto:admin/admin@DOMAIN.com>) along with
the correct password. However it gives me
GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos
credentials)
Before enabling Kerberos, I can access this without entering anything because its security
is off.
Now how am i gonna do to make it work with Kerberos enabled?

Jingfei