hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mungeol Heo <mungeol....@gmail.com>
Subject What is the difference between using -conf option in hadoop command and adding a custom property in ambari?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 01:06:19 GMT
Hi,

I am using the config which addressed below.

name: mapreduce.output.textoutputformat.separator
value: \001

The problem is when I set this at ambari, it works fine.
For instance, it gives me the result like 'abc^Adef'.
But if, I use custom XML with -conf option in hadoop command
or use '-D mapreduce.output.textoutputformat.separator="\001"',
it gives me 'abc\001def'.

What is causing this?
And what I can do to fix it?
I mean, making the separator to be ^A while using -D or -conf.

Any help will be so great.
Thanks.