hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Magalhaes <pedror...@gmail.com>
Subject yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores vs yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-vcores
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:10:32 GMT
I was looking at default parameters for:

yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores = 8
yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-vcores = 32

For me this two parameters as default doesnt make any sense.

The first one say "the number of CPU cores that can be allocated for
containers." (I imagine that is vcore) The seconds says: "The maximum
allocation for every container request at the RM". In my opinion, the
second one must be equal or less than the first one.

How can allocate 32 vcores for a container if i have only 8 cores available
per container?