hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject Move blocks between Nodes
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 09:30:35 GMT
hi, guys.

I want to move all the blocks from 50 datanodes to another 50 new
datanodes. There is a very easy idea that we can add the new 50 nodes to
hadoop cluster firstly, then decommission the other 50 nodes one by one.
But, I believe it is not an efficient way to reach the goal.
So I plan to get the help of  the idea of Hdfs balancer, which limits the
movements  happen to the 100 nodes. But I need to disable write_op for
those nodes to be decommissioned.

Is there a way to make DataNode in safe mode (read only) mode?

Of course, regarding to blocks movement between nodes,  Any thoughts will
be appreciated.

--
Bing Jiang