hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Kumar Jayapal <kjayapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Prallel running jobs
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 21:30:22 GMT
Hi,

I have a question regarding jobs running in YARN.

I have SET hive.exec.parallel=true;

When I submit this command

FROM EMPLOYER_STAGE
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE  EMPLOYER  PARTITION (FISCAL_YEAR = 2015,
FISCAL_PERIOD = 01) SELECT * WHERE FISCAL_YEAR = 2014 AND  FISCAL_PERIOD =
08
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE  EMPLOYER  PARTITION (FISCAL_YEAR = 2016,
FISCAL_PERIOD = 01) SELECT * WHERE FISCAL_YEAR = 2014 AND  FISCAL_PERIOD =
08
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE  EMPLOYER  PARTITION (FISCAL_YEAR = 2017,
FISCAL_PERIOD = 01) SELECT * WHERE FISCAL_YEAR = 2014 AND  FISCAL_PERIOD =
08;

Do the jobs submitted run parallely in YARN if so will they have different
application id?

What I see is one app_id and 3 taks (map) does it mean its running in
parallel?

Thanks
Jay