hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Hadoop User <kjayapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dir permission show ??????
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:43:03 GMT
I am a root user and I do have permission on /mnt

Thanks
Jay

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 1:50 PM, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Kumar,
>
> You can get question marks like this in the ls output if you can get the child directory
entries within a directory, but then you can't run stat to get metadata about each of those
files and directories.  This might indicate that you have read permission, but not execute
permission, on the /mtn directory.  I recommend checking that directory to make sure you have
both read and execute permissions.