hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Nathaniel Braun <n.br...@criteo.com>
Subject HTTPFS without impersonation
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 09:37:21 GMT
Hello all,

We need to run several HTTPFS instances on our Hadoop cluster, with different users (basically,
one HTTPFS per team).

In our setup, each HTTPFS instance runs as a team user and is allowed write access to that
user's directory only (so, HTTPFS does not run as the httpfs user).

However, this setup does not work, as we get exceptions related to impersonation, such as
this one:

{"RemoteException":{"message":"User: team_user is not allowed to impersonate team_user","exception":"RemoteException","javaClassName":"org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException"}}

So, it seems that HTTPFS unconditionally tries to impersonate a user, even though it's running
as that same user. Is there a way to somehow disable impersonation?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nathaniel