hadoop-user mailing list archives

From jason lu <ljhn1...@gmail.com>
Subject “dfs.namenode.service.handler.count” and “dfs.namenode.handler.count”
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 03:30:12 GMT
Hi,

 what is the difference between “dfs.namenode.service.handler.count” and “dfs.namenode.handler.count”
in hdfs-site.xml?
 I found this in stackoverflow:
The RPC Server needs threads to handle requests- Hadoop ships with his own RPC framework and
you can configure this with the dfs.namenode.service.handler.count for the datanodes it is
default set to 10. Or you can configure this dfs.namenode.handler.count for other clients,
like MapReduce jobs, JobClients that want to run a job. When a request comes in and it want
to create a new handler, it go may out of memory (new Threads are also allocating a good chunk
of stack space, maybe you need to increase this).

I can’t  find the dfs.namenode.service.handler.count in hdfs-site.xml of hadoop 2.3, is
is deprecated? but I found it in the source.

BTW, any suggestion for these parameters?

thanks.