hadoop-user mailing list archives

From yves callaert <yves_calla...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Number of vcores for YARN
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 11:03:00 GMT
Hi,
>From the hortonworks guide:

In YARN, vcores (virtual cores)  are used to normalize CPU resources across the
            cluster.  The vcores value sets the number of CPU cores that can be allocated
for
            containers.
Set the number of vcores so that it matches the number of physical CPU cores on the
            NodeManager hosts. set the following property in the
                /etc/hadoop/conf/yarn-site.xml file on the ResourceManager and
            NodeManager hosts:

With Regards,
Yves

From: akmal.abbasov@icloud.com
Subject: Number of vcores for YARN
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 17:51:14 +0200
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,when I execute cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep ^processor | wc -l I get 2, do I need to specify
this value in yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcoresor there is some kind of ratio between pcore
and vcore?I found yarn.nodemanager.vcores-pcores-ratio but it seems that is is deprecated,
since I cannot find it in hadoop 2.5.1.Thank you.
Regards,Akmal Abbasov