hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Xuan Gong <xg...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Can't see logs of a finished job.
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 17:09:35 GMT
Hey,
the job is finished. In order to see the logs for the finished job from webui, you need add
one more configuration:
I see that you have already started jobhistoryserver (Assume the jhs address is localhost:19888).
Add this configuration to yarn-site.xml:

 <property>

     <name>yarn.log.server.url</name>

     <value>http://localhost:19888/jobhistory/logs</value>

 </property>

Thanks

Xuan Gong

Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:14 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Can't see logs of a finished job.

Hi,

I have configured the proxy server and the historyserver in Yarn Mapreduce, and they are running
properly [1]. But, I can’t see the logs of an executed job [2]. I even have set history
params in yarn-site.xml [3]. Am I missing some configuration to see the logs of a finished
job?

[1] Processes running

~/Programs/hadoop$ jps
15520 SecondaryNameNode
18800 WebAppProxyServer
17985 NodeManager
19154 Jps
15251 DataNode
15047 NameNode
16157 JobHistoryServer
17583 ResourceManager

[2] The error:

Failed redirect for container_1432817967879_0001_01_000001

Failed while trying to construct the redirect url to the log server. Log Server url may not
be configured

java.lang.Exception: Unknown container. Container either has not started or has already completed
or doesn't belong to this node at all.

[3] Part of yarn-site.xml configuration

 <!-- job history -->
</property>