hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: location of hadoop2.x api doc
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 16:32:49 GMT
By design, we only publish documentation for the classes that are part of the public API.
This includes things like FileSystem and Job.  The two classes that you mentioned are not
part of the public API.  There is no guarantee of backwards-compatibility across releases
for these classes (or even that the classes will exist at all in future releases).  Clients
should not write code that calls directly into these classes, so we do not publish the API
docs.

--Chris Nauroth

From: lujinhong <lujinhong@yahoo.com<mailto:lujinhong@yahoo.com>>
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: location of hadoop2.x api doc

Hi,
    I can't  find the api documentation of some Class in hadoop 2.x, such as RunJar, YarnChild
and so on.
    I found this api doc in hadoop 1.x, for example: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/RunJar.html,
    but I can't find the doc in http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/api/ .

    where should I get the api doc of Runjar/YarnChild and all the classes of hadoop 2.x?

   Thanks.