hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio C." <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about log files
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:19:18 GMT
I noticed that too, I think Hadoop keeps the file open all the time and
when you delete it it is just no more able to write on it and doesn't try
to recreate it. Not sure if it's a Log4j problem or an Hadoop one...
yanghaogn, which is the *correct* way to delete the Hadoop logs? I didn't
find anything better than deleting the file and restarting the service...