hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arthur Chan <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.6.0, How to add/remove node to/from running cluster
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 14:56:13 GMT
Hi, thanks

But, this link should be outdated and is not good for Hadoop 2.6.0 (or
Hadoop 2.x I think)
Problems here if use the steps in
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#I_have_a_new_node_I_want_to_add_to_a_running_Hadoop_cluster.3B_how_do_I_start_services_on_just_one_node.3F

1) the hadoop-daemon.sh is no longer in bin folder (should be in sbin now
if the Hadoop version is 2.6.0)

2) ./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh start tasktracker

starting tasktracker, logging to
/edh/edh_logs/hadoop/edhuser/hadoop-edhuser-tasktracker-m1036.emblocsoft.net.out

DEPRECATED: Use of this script to execute mapred command is deprecated.

Instead use the mapred command for it.

Sorry, the tasktracker command is no longer supported.

You may find similar functionality with the "yarn" shell command.

Usage: mapred [--config confdir] COMMAND

       where COMMAND is one of:

  pipes                run a Pipes job

  job                  manipulate MapReduce jobs

  queue                get information regarding JobQueues

3) I could not find the section about how to decommission a datanode from a
running cluster

Please help ! (especially for Q3  how to decommission a datanode from a
running cluster)

Regards