hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Fernando O." <fot...@gmail.com>
Subject ResourceLocalizationService: Localizer failed when running pi example
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2015 16:24:41 GMT
Hey All,
    It's me again with another noob question: I deployed a cluster (HA
mode) everything looked good but when I tried to run the pi example:

 bin/hadoop jar
./share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.6.0.jar pi 16 100

the same error occurs if I try to generate data with teragen 100000000
/test/data

2015-04-18 15:49:04,090 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService:
Localizer failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator$AllocatorPerContext.confChanged(LocalDirAllocator.java:268)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator$AllocatorPerContext.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:344)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:150)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:131)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:115)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LocalDirsHandlerService.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirsHandlerService.java:420)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService$LocalizerRunner.run(ResourceLocalizationService.java:1075)

I'm guessing it's a configuration issue but I don't know what am I missing
:S