hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Shankar" <ravishankar.n...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Restriction of disk space on HDFS
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:52:35 GMT
Please refer

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YarnComma
nds.html#resourcemanager

Best regards,

Nair

From: Vijayadarshan REDDY [mailto:vijayadarshan@dbs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:25 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Restriction of disk space on HDFS

Hi Guys

Quick question - Using the fair scheduler we can restrict access to map
tasks, reduce tasks and overall system resources for each queue. Using the
same mechanism we don't see a any parameter to allocate disk usage by the
queues.

Can you pls let us know if there is there a way to do this in CDH5?

Thanks and Regards,

Vijayadarshan Reddy

T&O-Core BI Technology

DBS Bank Ltd

Email : vijayadarshan@dbs.com <mailto:vijayadarshan@dbs.com>

Mobile : +65 83157090

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.