hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Identifying new files on HDFS
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:24:25 GMT
Look at timestamps of the file? HDFS maintains both mtimes and atimes
(latter's not exposed in -ls though).

In ETL context, a simple workflow system also resolves this. You have an
incoming directory, a done directory, and a destination directory, etc. and
you can move around files pre/post processing for every job, to manage new
content/avoid repeated processing (as one simple example).

--
Harsh J