hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption At Rest Question
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:16:32 GMT
Thank you Olivier,

I suppose with the first suggestion - locking the dir to be unreadable for
other users, the HDFS permissions would
kick in and prevent an unwarranted user to read them.
However, I wanted to see the actual encrypted data so I used the second
approach you suggested. With hadoop fsck /mysecureDir -files -blocks
-locations get the blocks for the directory, then go to the data node and
perform a cat to see cryptic data for those block.

Regards,
Rajesh