hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chen Song <chen.song...@gmail.com>
Subject missing data blocks after active name node crashes
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:37:24 GMT
When the active name node crashes, it seems there is always a chance that
the data blocks in flight will be missing.

My understanding is that when the active name node crashes, the metadata of
data blocks in transition which exist in active name node memory is not
successfully captured by journal nodes and thus not available on standby
name node when it is promoted to active by zkfc.

Is my understanding correct? Any way to mitigate this problem or race
condition?

--
Chen Song