hadoop-user mailing list archives

From david marion <dlmar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: missing data blocks after active name node crashes
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 22:54:41 GMT
I believe therr was an issue fixed in 2.5 or 2.6 where the standby NN would not process block
reports from the DNs when it was dealing with the checkpoint process. The missing blocks will
get reported eventually.

Re: missing data blocks after active name node crashes </div><div>
Thanks for the reply, Ravi.

In my case, what I see constantly is there are always missing blocks every
time active name node crashes. The active name node crashes because of
timeout on journal nodes.

Could this be a specific case which could lead to missing blocks?

Chen

--
Chen Song