hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kiran Kumar.M.R" <Kiran.Kumar...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Building for Windows
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:17:47 GMT
Hi Lucio,

You need to install any of following on your build machine. These are one time install and
do not need internet connection. You can download ISO of VS and install.
These tools are necessary to build native C++ code in hadoop-common and hadoop-hdfs
1.Windows 7.1 SDK (Along with Microsoft Visual C++ 10)
OR
2. Windows 8.1 SDK with Visual Studio 2013 Express (If this is installed, follow instructions
in http://zutai.blogspot.com/2014/06/build-install-and-run-hadoop-24-240-on.html?showComment=1422091525887#c2264594416650430988
to upgrade Build files0

The above installation can be in any drive.
Just ensure that you use the command prompt given by SDK/Visual Studio. These command prompts
will have paths set to msbuild.exe, cl.exe etc.
If you do not want to use these command prompt, then run the relevant batch files to set all
ENV variable. These batch files can be found in the VS installation directory.
Eg:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\vcvarsx86_amd64.bat"
This batch files will set all relevant PATH

Maven needs internet connection to download the dependent POM and JARs.
If your build server is not having internet access, then you need to complete a successful
build on some other machine and copy maven repo directory to build server.
While building you can instruct maven to work offline and  use the build directory you have
copied.

Eg: you can add this option "-Drepo.dir=D:\maven_repo -o"  to mvn commands on build server

Regards,
Kiran
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended