hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Ossama <ah...@aossama.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.6.0 Multi Node Setup
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:58:33 GMT
Hi Telles,

No, the documentation isn't out of date. Normally hadoop configuration
files are placed under /etc/hadoop/conf, it then referenced to when
starting the cluster with --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR, this is how hdfs
and yarn know their configuration.

Second, it's not a good practice to run hadoop with root. What you want
to do is something like this

    # useradd hdfs
    # useradd yarn
    # groupadd hadoop
    # usermod -a -Ghadoop hdfs
    # usermod -a -Ghadoop yarn
    # mkdir /hdfs/{nn,dn}
    # chown -R hdfs:hadoop /hdfs

Then start your hdfs daemon with hdfs user, and yarn daemon with yarn user.

--
Regards,
Ahmed Ossama