hadoop-user mailing list archives

From reena upadhyay <reena2...@gmail.com>
Subject way to add custom udf jar in hadoop 2.x version
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 06:56:24 GMT
Hi,

I am using hadoop 2.4.0 version. I have created custom udf jar. I am trying
to execute a simple select udf query using java hive jdbc client program.
When hive execute the query using map reduce job, then the query execution
get fails because the mapper is not able to locate the udf class.
So I wanted to add the udf jar in hadoop environment permanently. Please
suggest me a way to add this external jar for single node and multi node
hadoop cluster.

PS: I am using hive 0.13.1 version and I already have this custom udf jar
added in HIVE_HOME/lib directory.

Thanks