hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question about container recovery
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:33:52 GMT
Is this MapReduce application?

MR has a concept of blacklisting nodes where a lot of tasks fail. The configs that control
it are
 - yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.node-blacklisting.enable: True by default
 - mapreduce.job.maxtaskfailures.per.tracker: Default is 3, meaning a node is blacklisted
if it fails 3 tasks
 - yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.node-blacklisting.ignore-threshold-node-percent: 33% by default,
meaning blacklists will be ignored if 33% of cluster is already blacklisted

+Vinod

On Dec 10, 2014, at 12:59 AM, scwf <wangfei1@huawei.com> wrote:

> It seems there is a blacklist in yarn when all containers of one NM lost, it will add
this NM to blacklist? Then when will the NM go out of blacklist?

> On 2014/12/10 13:39, scwf wrote:
>> Hi, all
>>   Here is my question: is there a mechanisms that when one container exit abnormally,
yarn will prefer to dispatch the container on other NM?

>> We have a cluster with 3 NMs(each NM 135g mem) and 1 RM, and we running a job which
start 13 container(= 1 AM + 12 executor containers).

>> Each NM has 4 executor container and the mem configured for each executor container
is 30g. There is a interesting test, when we killed

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE