hadoop-user mailing list archives

From mark charts <mcha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.5.1 - distro not compatible with "quick start"?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 18:36:52 GMT
Martin
I too am new w/ Hadoop. I noticed that instructions have not been keeping up with the code. hadoop-site.xml
is there. You just need to search for it. Same with hadoop-*-examples.jar. It might be renamed.
But it should be there. Again search for it. I am surprised there is not ~/conf dir. Double
check. They might rearranged the directory hierarchy. I know this is probably of little help
to you. I can't dig into this because I'm working on my car now. I'm installing an alternator
in a 2003 focus. Fun. Good luck.

Mark Charts