hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Charles Robertson <charles.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject Map job not finishing
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 13:33:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using oozie to run a hive script, but the map job is not completing.
The tracking page shows its progress as 100%, and there's no warnings or
errors in the logs, it's just sitting there with a state of 'RUNNING'.

As best I can make out from the logs, the last statement in the hive script
has been successfully parsed and it tries to start the command, saying
"launching job 1 of 3". That job is sitting there in the "ACCEPTED" state,
but doing nothing.

This is on a single-node cluster running Hortonworks Data Platform 2.1. Can
anyone suggest what might be the cause, or where else to look for
diagnostic information?

Thanks,
Charles