hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: DataNode not recognising available disk space
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:12:08 GMT
Charles,

If the newly added slave node has an extra disk that the other nodes
don't have, then you will have to do the following on the Ambari Web
UI so that "dfs.data.dir" is reflected to include this extra drive for
that node:
* Go to Services > HDFS > Configs
* Click on "Manage Config Groups" link
* Create a new HDFS Configuration Group (name it appropriately), add
the slave host in question to that group, and Save.
* In the list of configs for HDFS, you will see "DataNode directories"
with the current directories set up for DataNodes for all other hosts.
* Click on the "+" next to "DataNode directories" and list out all the
drives for this new DataNode.
* Save the configuration changes.
* Restart the DataNode.
* Ambari (and HDFS) should start reflecting the added disk space.

I hope this solves your problem.

that you can subscribe by sending an email to
user-subscribe@ambari.apache.org.

Thanks,
Yusaku

--