hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Programatic way to recursively chmod a directory
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 02:44:16 GMT
Hi Naga,
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I think it will definitely answer the part of my question.
For example, do you know if  mkdirs works with permission?

Regards,
Mohammad

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:40 PM, Naganarasimha G R (Naga) <garlanaganarasimha@huawei.com>
wrote:

Hi Mohammad,
If the user you are trying with has rights on the folder then you can try umask of 000  (like
777 - 000 =777 effective rights )
or you can check what is effective umask setting which you want to have, so that files created
by this user by default has the desired rights.

Regards,
Naga

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile:  +91 9980040283
Email: naganarasimhagr@huawei.com
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com
¡This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended