hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kilaru, Sambaiah" <Sambaiah_Kil...@intuit.com>
Subject Re: Started learning Hadoop. Which distribution is best for native install in pseudo distributed mode?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:10:12 GMT
Engough wars on going on which is best. You choose one of it and try to learn and there is
nothing that x is better or y is better.
It is upto your choice.

Thanks,
Sam

From: Sebastiano Di Paola <sebastiano.dipaola@gmail.com<mailto:sebastiano.dipaola@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Started learning Hadoop. Which distribution is best for native install in pseudo
distributed mode?

Hi,
I'm a newbie too and I'm not using any particular distribution. Just download the component
I need / want to try for my deploiment and use them.
It's a slow process but allows me to better understand what I'm doing under the hood.
Regards,
Seba

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:12 PM, mani kandan <mankand007@gmail.com<mailto:mankand007@gmail.com>>