hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Xiaohua Chen <xiaohua.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what changes needed for existing HDFS java client in order to work with kerberosed hadoop server ?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:45:20 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply.

One more question:
I come across org.apache.hadoop.security.SecurityUtil
class(http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable1/api/index.html?org/apache/hadoop/security/SecurityUtil.html)
 and it provides a couple of login methods e.g. login(Configuration
conf, String keytabFileKey, String userNameKey) .   So if Kerberos
kinit utility is not available from client workstation where our java
client is deployed , do you think the above SecurityUtil.login(...)
can help our application code to authenticate the user defined through
the userNameKey argument  and its credential is provided through
keyTab file ?

Thanks again your help!

Best Regards,

Sophie