hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Colin Kincaid Williams <disc...@uw.edu>
Subject Juggling or swaping out the standby NameNode in a QJM / HA configuration
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:37:37 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to swap out a standby NameNode in a QJM / HA configuration. I
believe the steps to achieve this would be something similar to:

Use the Bootstrap standby command to prep the replacment standby. Or rsync
if the command fails.

Somehow update the datanodes, so they push the heartbeat / journal to the
new standby

Update the xml configuration on all nodes to reflect the replacment standby.

Start the replacment standby

Use some hadoop command to refresh the datanodes to the new NameNode
configuration.

I am not sure how to deal with the Journal switch, or if I am going about
this the right way. Can anybody give me some suggestions here?

Regards,

Colin Williams