hadoop-user mailing list archives

From YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yi...@sgcib.com>
Subject RE: Need to evaluate a cluster
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:29:39 GMT
Hi,

When I said Size of a disk is 3TB, this means that a datanode should have a disk space of
3TB (1 to 3 disk of 1TB to 3TB).

Could you please help me with your experience to approximate the number of nodes on one year
?

Regards

From: Oner Ak. [mailto:oak26013@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday 9 July 2014 21:31
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need to evaluate a cluster

367 nodes sounded quite high for that amount of data per day. You might need 367 disks, but
do your nodes have more than one disk?

You may also take into account the compression factor that you are likely to use for the data
on the cluster.

Oner
9 Tem 2014 19:00 tarihinde "YIMEN YIMGA Gael" <gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com<mailto:gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com>>