hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Thompson <ge...@bearpeak.com>
Subject Re: how to access configuration properties on a remote Hadoop cluster
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 15:39:09 GMT
Hi  Adam,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Geoff

On Jul 9, 2014, at 2:02 PM, Adam Kawa <kawa.adam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of <Resource-Manager-WebApp-Address>/conf, If you have application id and
job id, you can query the Resource Manager for the configuration of this particular application.
You can use HTTP and Java API for that.

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to query the Resource Manager for configuration properties from an external
client process other than using the web interface?

> Our background: We run a YARN application by running a Client on an external machine
that may access one of many remote Hadoop clusters. The configuration properties on the Client
machine are completely independent of the configuration properties on the remote cluster.

> Currently I am getting configuration properties by using HTTP to get <Resource-Manager-WebApp-Address>/conf.
However, if possible, I would prefer some form of Hadoop interface. I have looked through
YarnClient and YarnClientApplication and I have not discovered anything that enables asking
the Resource Manager about properties.