hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Satyam Singh <satyam.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject One datanode is down then write/read starts failing
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:56:59 GMT
Hello,

I have hadoop cluster setup of one namenode and two datanodes.
And i continuously write/read/delete through hdfs on namenode through
hadoop client.

Then i kill one of the datanode, still one is working but writing on
datanode is getting failed for all write requests.

I want to overcome this scenario because at live traffic scenario any of
datanode might get down then how do we handle those cases.

Can anybody face this issue or i am doing something wrong in my setup.

Thanx in advance.

Warm Regards,
Satyam