hadoop-user mailing list archives

From R J <rj201...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cannot compaile a basic PutMerge.java program
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 00:46:57 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to programming on hadoop. I tried to compile the following program (example program
from a hadoop book) on my linix server where I have Haddop installed:
I get the errors:
$javac PutMerge.java
PutMerge.java:2: package org.apache.hadoop.conf does not exist
                             ^
PutMerge.java:3: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream;
                           ^
PutMerge.java:4: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataOutputStream;
                           ^
PutMerge.java:5: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileStatus;
                           ^
PutMerge.java:6: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem;
                           ^
PutMerge.java:7: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;

I have $HADOOP_HOME set u:
$echo $HADOOP_HOME
/usr/lib/hadoop

Could you please suggest how to compile this program? Thanks a lot.

Shu

====PutMerge.java=========

import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataOutputStream;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileStatus;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
public class PutMerge {

FileSystem hdfs = FileSystem.get(conf);
FileSystem local = FileSystem.getLocal(conf);

Path inputDir = new Path(args[0]);
Path hdfsFile = new Path(args[1]);

try {
FileStatus[] inputFiles = local.listStatus(inputDir);
FSDataOutputStream out = hdfs.create(hdfsFile);

for (int i=0; i<inputFiles.length; i++) {
System.out.println(inputFiles[i].getPath().getName());
FSDataInputStream in = local.open(inputFiles[i].getPath());
byte buffer[] = new byte[256];
int bytesRead = 0;
while( (bytesRead = in.read(buffer)) > 0) {
out.write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
}
in.close();
}