hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Cross platform Application submission
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:12:04 GMT
In the scenario that people use a newer version of MR client (with the
cross-platform syntax ) to submit to an old version of Linux cluster which
won't understand the cross-platform syntax, if this property is set to
"true", it'll break.
That's where this configs comes in to guard this use case. Copied a comment
link from jira also. Permalink
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4052?focusedCommentId=13926115&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13926115>

Thanks,
Jian