hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Hardik Pandya <smarty.ju...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Realtime sensor's tcpip data to hadoop
Date Fri, 09 May 2014 01:25:08 GMT
If I were you I would ask following questions to get the answer

> forget about for a minute and ask yourself how tcpip data are currently
being stored - in fs/rdbmbs?
> hadoop is for offiline batch processing - if you are looking for real
time streaming solution - there is a storm (from linkedin) that can go well
with kafka (messaging queue) or spark streaming (which is in memory
map-reduce) and takes real time streams - has in built twitter api but you
need to write your own service to poll data every few seconds and send it
in RDD format
> storm is complementary to hadoop - spark in conjuction with hadoop will
allow you to do both offline and real time data analytics