hadoop-user mailing list archives

From sam liu <samliuhad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 03:28:23 GMT
My colleague found distcp tool does miss execution permission as well.

I also found some difference between hadoop 1.x and hadoop 2.x:
- On Hadoop 2.2.0, I can use command 'hadoop dfs -chmod 755 test01' to add
execution permission on hdfs file test01: '*-rwxr-xr-x*   1 admin
admin       8465 2014-05-30 16:45 test01'
- However, on Hadoop 1.1.1, I can not add execution on hdfs file using such
command

I have two further questions:

*- Does it means that HDFS 2.2.0 has execution permission, but HDFS 1.1.1
has not?*
*- If HDFS 2.2.0 has execution permission, how to keep the execution
permission after putting file onto hdfs?*

This issue confuses us for a long time, and any comments/suggestions will
be appreciated!