hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: LVM to JBOD conversion without data loss
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 07:59:29 GMT
Hi Bharath,

The steps are not correct for me. Data loss can happen if you reduce the
replication and remove a DataNode at the same time.

1) decomission a DataNode (or some DataNodes)

2) change the configuration of the DataNode(s)

3) add the DataNode(s) to the cluster

repeat 1) - 3) for all the DataNodes.

Regards,
Akira