hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Gault <sylvain.ga...@inria.fr>
Subject Re: MapReduce scalability study
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 21:14:44 GMT
I only talk about Hadoop because it is the de-facto implementation of
MapReduce. But for the remaining of my thesis, I took a more general
approach and implemented my algorithms in a custom MapReduce
implentation.

I learned yesterday about the existence of YARN. :D And I definitely
can't not talk about it since it's the future and 1.x will be abandoned.
But I mostly know about MRv1, so I decided to only briefly talk about
MRv2 when the difference are relevant. i.e. for scalability and global
architecture I guess.

Sylvain

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 05:39:43PM -0300, Marco Shaw wrote:
> I would consider the timeframe that you are looking for to determine if you should focus
on Hadoop 2.x (with YARN) or older. 2.x should scale much better than 1.x.