hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Radhe Radhe <radhe.krishna.ra...@live.com>
Subject RE: Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:00:42 GMT
Thanks Saurabh,
That explained a long history and cleared the doubt.
Also it might change in the future as well.😊
-RR

From: schhajed.iet@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:21:11 +0530
Subject: Re: Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

I think this should give you an answer -http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-user/201202.mbox/%3CCB4ECC21.33727%25evans@yahoo-inc.com%3E

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Radhe Radhe <radhe.krishna.radhe@live.com> wrote:

Hello All,
I have configured Apache Hadoop 1.2.0 and set the $HADOOP_HOME env. variable:
I keep getting :Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated

Solution:(After googling)I replaced HADOOP_HOME with HADOOP_PREFIX and the warning disappeared.

Does that mean HADOOP_HOME is replaced by HADOOP_PREFIX? If Yes from which version did this
got changed? I tried googling but could get the release no.
Is HADOOP_PREFIX the correct env. variable that should be used for all latest Apache Hadoop
releases including Apache Hadoop 2 (YARN)?

Thanks,-RR