hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Radhe Radhe <radhe.krishna.ra...@live.com>
Subject Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:34:30 GMT
Hello All,
I have configured Apache Hadoop 1.2.0 and set the $HADOOP_HOME env. variable:
I keep getting :Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated
Solution:(After googling)I replaced HADOOP_HOME with HADOOP_PREFIX and the warning disappeared.
Does that mean HADOOP_HOME is replaced by HADOOP_PREFIX? If Yes from which version did this
got changed? I tried googling but could get the release no.
Is HADOOP_PREFIX the correct env. variable that should be used for all latest Apache Hadoop
releases including Apache Hadoop 2 (YARN)?

Thanks,-RR