hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Andy Srine <andy.sr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JVM option
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:12:13 GMT
Thanks for the tip. May be it's a different setting I need. Let me explain
the problem.

I get an heap error on the command line - "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". It woks when I set "export
HADOOP_HEAPSIZE=4096" in my env. But how can I set it via the hadoop
command line (hadoop jar ...)? Next choice would be to do it
programmatically in Java using hadoop conf. I can't really change the XML
files across the cluster.

Regards,
Andy

--