hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <oleg.zhurakou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reuse of YARN container
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:03:55 GMT
While YARN-373 addresses a bit of a different problem the use case of reuse
of existing resources could be looked at few different ways. As I
understand YARN-373 talks about reusing resources from an old container to
spun off a new one. Another way of looking at the problem is to actually
reuse a container itself as long as you can communicate with it.
I've been experimenting with it recently and while I am not sure if the
approach is valid or solves your use case, take a look here
https://github.com/olegz/yaya/wiki/CoreFeatures#java-based-long-running-and-interact-able-application-containers.
At least you'll get some ideas of what could be done.

Cheers
Oleg