hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kirill Safonov" <kirill.safo...@gmail.com>
Subject any workaround for huge dncp_block_verification.log?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:17:26 GMT
Hi guys,

This topic has been around a while ago in a related mailing list, but there
has been no answer posted yet.

We're using CDH 4.1.2 and got our verification logs grew quite big:
-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hdfs 1.9T Apr 23 12:48 dncp_block_verification.log.curr
-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hdfs 468G Apr 14 14:47 dncp_block_verification.log.prev

Anyone knows a workaround to cleanup these files? Namely, is it safe to shut
NN/DN down, remove the logs and start them back again?
It is important for us as we've got a lot of HDFS space eaten by these
files.

Thanks in advance,
 Kirill