hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdon...@bateswhite.com>
Subject RE: NodeManager health Question
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:01:37 GMT
Also, I too created all my processes and SQL in Hortonworks' sandbox with small sample data.
Then, we created 7 VMs and attached enough storage to handle the full dataset test. I installed
and configured CentOS and installed Hortonwork HDP 2.0 using Ambari. The cluster is 4 datanodes
and 3 master nodes. Also, with the sandbox, Hue comes with it, but when you install with Ambari,
Hue is not installed so you have to install Hue manually. Now I'm running queries on the full
dataset. Clay

From: Clay McDonald [mailto:stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 12:52 PM
To: 'user@hadoop.apache.org'
Subject: RE: NodeManager health Question

What do you want to know? Here is how it goes;

1.     We receive 6TB from an outside client and need to analyze the data quickly and report
on our findings. I'm using an analysis that was done in our current environment with the same
data.

2.     Upload the data to hdfs with -put

3.     Create tables in Hive with external like to the data in hdfs with STORED AS TEXTFILE
LOCATION. (SQL is required for our analyst)

4.     Convert current SQL to HiveSQL and run analysis.

5.     Test ODBC connections to Hive data for pulling data.

Clay