hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdon...@bateswhite.com>
Subject RE: NodeManager health Question
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:51:49 GMT
What do you want to know? Here is how it goes;

1.     We receive 6TB from an outside client and need to analyze the data quickly and report
on our findings. I'm using an analysis that was done in our current environment with the same
data.

2.     Upload the data to hdfs with -put

3.     Create tables in Hive with external like to the data in hdfs with STORED AS TEXTFILE
LOCATION. (SQL is required for our analyst)

4.     Convert current SQL to HiveSQL and run analysis.

5.     Test ODBC connections to Hive data for pulling data.

Clay

From: ados1984@gmail.com [mailto:ados1984@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 11:40 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: NodeManager health Question

Hey Clay,

How have you loaded 6TB data into HDP? I am in a similar situation and wanted to understand
your use case.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com<mailto:stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com>>
wrote:
Hello all, I have laid out my POC in a project plan and have HDP 2.0 installed. HDFS is running
fine and have loaded up about 6TB of data to run my test on. I have a series of SQL queries
that I will run in Hive ver. 0.12.0. I had to manually install Hue and still have a few issues
I'm working on there. But at the moment, my most pressing issue is with Hive jobs not running.
In Yarn, my Hive queries are "Accepted" but are "Unassigned" and do not run. See attached.

In Ambari, the datanodes all have the following error; NodeManager health CRIT for 20 days
CRITICAL: NodeManager unhealthy

>From the datanode logs I found the following;

ERROR datanode.DataNode (DataXceiver.java:run(225)) - dc-bigdata1.bateswhite.com:50010:DataXceiver
error processing READ_BLOCK operation  src: /172.20.5.147:51299<http://172.20.5.147:51299>
dest: /172.20.5.141:50010<http://172.20.5.141:50010>
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 480000 millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready
for write. ch : java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/172.20.5.141:50010<http://172.20.5.141:50010>
remote=/172.20.5.147:51299<http://172.20.5.147:51299>]
            at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.waitForIO(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:246)
            at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketOutputStream.waitForWritable(SocketOutputStream.java:172)
            at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketOutputStream.transferToFully(SocketOutputStream.java:220)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockSender.sendPacket(BlockSender.java:546)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockSender.sendBlock(BlockSender.java:710)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.readBlock(DataXceiver.java:340)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.opReadBlock(Receiver.java:101)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.processOp(Receiver.java:65)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:221)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Also, in the namenode log I see the following;

2014-03-13 13:50:57,204 WARN  security.UserGroupInformation (UserGroupInformation.java:getGroupNames(1355))
- No groups available for user dr.who

If anyone can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this, I would really appreciate
it!

Thanks! Clay