hadoop-user mailing list archives

From sudhakara st <sudhakara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.2.0 not showing progress
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:11:12 GMT
RM not able schdule your jobs it waiting indefinitely to schedule jobs, may
due to  not able communicate with NM's or not able create  AM or
sufiicient resoucrce are not avaialbel in containers etc. Check your
configuration for Java heap, yarn.app.mapreduce.am.resource.mb,
mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb,
mapreduce.map.memory.mb, Check RM web URL for available resources and
scheduler information and also check RM,NM logs

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Xuan Gong <xgong@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hey, Silvina:
>
>    You may find more information about this application from RM web UI or
> Yarn Command Line (Type yarn application -help to find out commands).
>
> Thanks
>
> Xuan Gong
>

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Silvina CaĆ­no Lores <
> silvi.caino@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been noticing lately that sometimes my Hadoop jobs do not report
>> progress in the terminal. They seem like they are stuck at the "Running
>> job: job_ ...." message, however YarnChilds are running and properly
>> executing.
>>
>> I know that my job didn't fail but it's very inconvenient not being able
>> to monitor how is it going, specially to estimate completion time. This
>> doesn't happen all the time, any clues on what is going on?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Silvina
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Regards,