hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Anfernee Xu <anfernee...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure nodemanager.health-checker.script.path
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 05:01:32 GMT
Hello,

I'm running MR with 2.2.0 release, I noticed we can configure
"nodemanager.health-checker.script.path" in yarn-site.xml to customize NM
health checking, so I add below properties to yarn-site.xml

 <property>
     <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.script.path</name>
     <value>/scratch/software/hadoop2/hadoop-dc/node_health.sh</value>
   </property>

  <property>
     <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.interval-ms</name>
     <value>10000</value>
   </property>

To get a feel about this, the
/scratch/software/hadoop2/hadoop-dc/node_health.sh simply print an ERROR
message as below

#!/bin/bash
echo "ERROR disk full"
exit -1

But it seems not working, the node is still in health state, did I missing
something?

Thanks for your help.
--
--Anfernee