hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: R on hadoop
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:48:12 GMT
If you’re spitballing options might also look at Pattern http://www.cascading.org/projects/pattern/

Has some nuances so be sure to spend the time to vet your specific use case (i.e. what you’re
actually doing in R and what you want to accomplish leveraging data in Hadoop).

From: Sri [mailto:hadoopsri@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:51 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: R on hadoop

Try OpenSource h2o.ai - a cran-style package that allows fast & scalable R on Hadoop in-Memory.
One can invoke single threaded R from h2o package and the runtime on clusters is Java (not
R!) - So you get better memory management.

http://docs.0xdata.com/deployment/hadoop.html

http://docs.0xdata.com/Ruser/Rpackage.html

Sri

On Mar 26, 2014, at 6:53, Saravanan Nagarajan <saravanan.nagarajan303@gmail.com<mailto:saravanan.nagarajan303@gmail.com>>