hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:41:25 GMT
Does "netstat -an | grep LISTEN" show these ports being listened on?

Can you stat hdfs from the command line e.g.:

hdfs dfsadmin -report
hdfs fsck /
hdfs dfs -ls /

Also, check out /var/log/hadoop or /var/log/hdfs for more details.

john

From: Mahmood Naderan [mailto:nt_mahmood@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:04 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server

Hi,
I don't know what mistake I did that now I get this error

   INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 2
time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
  INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 3
time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)

I saw the wiki page for that message and all other resources state that the namenode has not
been started yet.
However I tried "stop-all.sh && start-all.sh" multiple times. In fact I see java processes
regarding Hadoop.

More info:

core-site.xml
<property>